Spread out in a clean, spacious sewing studio and unleash your creativity!
After new students learn valuable introductory skills with Sewing 101 (Prerequisite), move on to completing the project you've always wanted! Learn from Marianne alongside other students in a small, focused setting. Daytime and evening classes are available, and 24 hour notice is requested if rescheduling. Students are encouraged to attend classes on a recurring basis to continue to develop skills. Please note that youth students should be age 10 or older.
We look forward to seeing you in class! Please contact with any questions.
Duration: 2.5 hours. Cost: $30, due at start of class; cash/check accepted. Size: Limited to 3 students. Supply List: All supplies and machine provided.
Sewing 101 (Prerequisite)
A prerequisite for all new and intermediate sewers, or those who have been away from sewing for a long time. Students will learn to identify natural fibers, man-made fibers, knits, wovens and threads. They will learn the use of sewing notions such as a sewing gauge and pressing tools, how to identify quality scissors, when to use certain interfacings, identify various sleeve types and sew two different zipper applications. Students will also receive a reference folder (included in class fee) with swatches and samples to add to as they learn future techniques.
Duration: 2.5 hours. Cost: $25, due at start of class; cash/check accepted. Size: Limited to 4 students. Supply List: See bottom of page.
Create Your Own Project
Want to be able to proudly say, "I made this myself"? Spotted a new style you want to recreate? Want to learn to hem pants, and reattach buttons? Make a thoughtful, homemade gift for someone? Learn beginning crocheting or knitting? The possibilities are endless! Please come prepared with desired patterns, fabric and notions to make your one-of-a-kind item. See full Supply List at bottom of page.
The following items are required for "Create Your Own Project" classes, and are available at your local fabric store:
- All Supplies Listed on Back of Your Pattern - Fabric, thread, etc.
- Your Sewing Machine - Newly serviced, oiled, fresh needles, or reserve a machine for $10 per class
- Straight Pins (Long pins with rounded tips)
- Pin Cushion - Magnetic is preferred
- Hand Sewing Needles
- Quality Sewing Shears - Gingher brand suggested
- Small Scissors - Fiskars brand suggested
- Seam Ripper
- Measuring Tape
- 6" Seam Gauge
- Washable Marking Pens and Chalk - White or blue
- (Not required for first class) Pressing Tools - Ex: Sleeve board, pressing ham, sleeve roll
- (Not required for first class) Carrying Case for Supplies
Questions? Please contact .